Electronics Recycling at UCRRA
The NYS Electronic Equipment Recycling and Reuse Act went into effect on April 1, 2011. The law will ensure that every New Yorker will have the opportunity to recycle their electronic waste in an environmentally responsible manner. Regardless of where you bought it, what brand it is, or how old it is: bring it to us. We’ll make sure it’s properly and safely recycled.
RECYCLE YOUR ELECTRONICS FOR FREE!
Businesses (with less than 50 employees), non-profits (with less than 75 employees) and residents can now recycle their e-waste at the Agency’s Office for FREE Monday through Friday from 8am to 3pm. Please note if the office is closed due to a holiday NO electronics will be accepted.
When bringing in electronics, please pay attention to the following:
- Come directly to the Main Office (first building you see on the right) located at 999 Flatbush Road in Kingston, NY. We will direct you to the electronics collection area.
- DO NOT bring the electronics into the Agency Office. This is not where they are stored.
- DO NOT go over to the scale as if you are dumping waste. Electronics can not be disposed of in the transfer station.
- You may drop off electronics for recycling from 8am to 3pm, Monday through Friday, except on holidays.
***Residents can also use their local Town Transfer Station to recycle electronics. Please contact your local town transfer station directly for more info.
***Retail locations, such as Best Buy, Staples and Goodwill also have recycling programs for electronics. Please call the store directly for further details.
ACCEPTABLE MATERIALS FOR THE ELECTRONICS RECYCLING PROGRAM
- Computers (Desktops & Laptops)
- Computer Monitors (CRT, LED, LCD)
- In-Tact Computer Parts
- Printers (Ink & Toner)
- Ink/Toner Cartridges
- Televisions (CRT, LCD, LED, Plasma, 3D)
- Microwave Ovens (Non PCB)
- Copiers/Fax Machines
- Cell Phones & Chargers
- GPS Units
- Answering Machines
- MP3 Players
- Radios/CD Players/Stereo Equipment, etc.
- Storage Devices (External Hard Drives, SD Cards, Memory Cards, Card Readers, etc.)
- Audio Equipment (Speakers, Microphones, DJ Equipment, Receivers, Recording Devices, Headphones, etc.)
- Video Equipment (Cameras, Video Cameras, Web Cams, Recording Devices, etc.)
- Communications Equipment
- Medical Testing Equipment
- Laboratory Equipment
- Circuit Boards
- Cables/Wires/ Power Cords/Power Strips/Routers, etc.
- Small Household Appliances (i.e. Microwaves, Blenders, Mixers, Coffee Makers)
- Business/Office Consumer Electronics
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors (Stand-Alone ONLY, Not Combined with Smoke Detector, Batteries Must be Removed)
- Vacuums (Bags must be removed and canisters emptied)
- Christmas Lights
The Following Items are NOT Accepted for Electronic Recycling at UCRRA
- Anything Disassembled or Containing Broken Glass
- Freon Containing Devices/Appliances (Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Freezers, Dehumidifiers)
- Materials/Devices Containing Liquids
- Yard/Lawn Equipment
- Gas Powered Equipment
- Lamps/Light bulbs
- Materials Leaking Fluid
- Radioactive Materials
- PCB Containing Materials
- Large Appliances (Washers, Dryers, Stoves, Dishwashers, etc.)
- Dry Cell Batteries (Alkaline, Nickel/Cadmium (NiCd), Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH), and Lithium)
- Wet Cell Batteries
- Soda Streams
- Smoke detectors